Yelling at Tidal Waves

My thoughts, thrown into the Internet. Some are half-formed, some are rants, all are expressions seeking release. Calling this my "mental toilet" wouldn't be the least bit inaccurate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore, Singapore, Singapore

Thursday, April 15, 2004

There is much to be said about voyeurism - except I'm not saying it.

After years of resisting the urge to publish my thoughts on a blog - I finally succumbed, after the fatigue of a long week of ranting to my friends on MSN and Yahoo. They're probably glad that I succumbed too.

If you're reading this blog it's probably because you know me - poor soul that you are. Hence, there's really no need to introduce myself.

My thoughts, on the other hand, require some introduction. I'd like to fancy myself a philosopher of sorts, except there aren't that many words to describe what goes through my mind. Words, as one may well know, are the bridge between one's thoughts and the outside world. So what happens when there aren't enough words to bridge your thoughts and the outside world? Do thoughts exist in some sub-space continuum waiting for the right words to be invented so that they make take shape and form?

What of thoughts that already have words attached to them? Do they become static and rot away like everything else that has been given a form? Are they in a solid state of constant dynamic flux like glass? Words, categories, pigeon-holes - all mental tools that distort thought so that men can process the bite-sized chunks of thought.

So what of my thoughts? I've been told more than once that my thoughts are perverse and convoluted. I believe it's my inability to regard categorisations as anything more than mental tools. I'm incapable for seeing the parts without seeing the whole - and because of that, my thoughts push against my skull and cause me migraines, much like the feeling you get when you haven't taken a dump in a long time (yes I'm being facetious here since I don't actually get migraines, only tension headaches. Har. Har.).

So hence, the purpose of the blog - to be able to set out my own thoughts where I can finally get rid of this interconnected jumbled mess, and perhaps exorcise, excise or excrete them from myself finally. They are a pain and they cause me sleepness nights - plus without these thoughts I might actually finally get ahead in life without having to depress myself with thoughts on the ultimate futility of the system.

More on systemic analysis later. No, it doesn't cause diarrhea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|