Once again I find myself in the uneviable position of being caught between friends - or rather, more specifically, people I considered friends.
A bit of history here. It's no secret that I consider my godbrother Nick a moron when it comes to relationships (present one excepted). Unfortunately for me, having actually made an effort to understand and befriend his former beaus, all this tends to go to waste everytime Nick breaks up. Not because of the fact that he breaks up - but the way in which he deals with the breakup. His friends and ex-beaus usually end up on opposite fronts of a cold war we never knew existed.
Which is really sad because I usually end up being fairly decent friends with Nick's ex's. Or at least I thought I did.
Today, I discover that I had been labouring under a misapprehension, and who I thought was a friend was actually hostile to me. I understand the reasons for her hostility, but I must say I'm very suprised at her reaction.
Victoria, if by some off-chance you are reading this blog, I never actually got the card that you sent for my wedding, but I thank you for it nonetheless. I had hoped to see you down on my wedding, but we can't have everything we want can we? :D One day when you understand it's not about sides-taking, but about friendship, we may actually be able to do a proper lunch. Until then, have a good life.
Gloria, thank you for doing a very very difficult job very very well. Take a bunch of Epic Level Mediator exp.
Yelling at Tidal Waves
My thoughts, thrown into the Internet. Some are half-formed, some are rants, all are expressions seeking release. Calling this my "mental toilet" wouldn't be the least bit inaccurate.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home