Yelling at Tidal Waves

My thoughts, thrown into the Internet. Some are half-formed, some are rants, all are expressions seeking release. Calling this my "mental toilet" wouldn't be the least bit inaccurate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore, Singapore, Singapore

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

The complete surreality of being in an army camp while typing this blog entry out completes an absolutely...suay week.

The week begins with the removal of my wisdom teeth (left side) and attempts to get my ICT deferred because of it. End result? 1 week discount from ICT but I -still- have to go through ICT training.

The clincher, however, must be the passing away of James.

James Creffield is a man I've known for most of my adult life. An irrascable rogue, complete gourmand and husband to the teacher nearest and dearest to me, Geetha Creffield. He tragically fell to his death while rock-climbing at the Bukit Timah Quarry on Saturday afternoon. In the words of Geetha's brother, "It is -not- alright, it is -not- okay, he will be sorely missed." James, if you're looking down from that big gin distillery in the sky, know that you are fondly remembered.

This, of course,put a bit of a crimper on Callista's and Huzi's wedding. A lot of us were happy for Callista, but it was hard to express sheer joy with wounds so fresh. Cally, if you're reading this, my greatest apologies for not being as entertaining as I wanted to be.

That's all I wrote. More in the days to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|